Moments ago, BlackBox Nigeria broke the news that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed 8 new Special Advisers with varying portfolios. One of these new SAs to the President Is Zachaeus Adelabu Adedeji who comes under the lens by BlackBox Nigeria.
Here are five quick facts you should know about the President’s new Revenue advisor…
- Zachaeus Adedeji is an accountant, corporate tax expert and a professional in public finance development.
- He was the Oyo state Commissioner for Finance from 2011 to 2015 under the administration of late governor Abiola Ajimobi.
- Zachaeus Adedeji is a first class graduate of Accounting from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife where he also had his Masters. He also holds a certificate in Comparative Tax Policy and Administration from the Harvard Kennedy School. He is also a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and member, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN).
- In March 2021, former President Muhammadu Buhari appointed him as the Executive Secretary of the National Sugar Development Council (NSDC).
- Before venturing into public service, Adedeji held senior management positions while working at Procter & Gamble Company (P&G), an American consumer goods corporation based in the US and with branches across the world.