Mob Attack Policemen After Rescuing Man Who Allegedly Took Resident’s Manhood

Mob Attack Policemen After Rescuing Man Who Allegedly Took Resident’s Manhood

Fawaz Adebisi 

In a dramatic turn of events in the Dei Dei area of the Federal Capital Territory, a mob launched a frenzied attack on officers from the Gwagwa police division.

The incident unfolded on Thursday evening as the officers attempted to rescue a man identified as Mubarak, who found himself on the verge of being lynched over a startling allegation of manhood disappearance.

The tumultuous episode began when an unidentified man raised a grave alarm, claiming that his manhood had vanished after a fateful encounter with Mubarak.

This alarming assertion sent shockwaves through the community, igniting a volatile situation.

A concerned resident of the area, who requested anonymity, shared the chilling account on Friday.

According to the eyewitness, a furious mob swiftly surrounded the accused, unleashing a relentless barrage of blows in an attempt to retrieve the alleged missing manhood.

The arrival of law enforcement officers, intended to de-escalate the situation, unexpectedly exacerbated tensions as the infuriated mob turned their aggression towards the police, venting their fury by damaging a police vehicle.

The resident recalled, “On Thursday evening at Dei-Dei Timber market, a man called Mubarak was attacked by an angry mob after a man claimed his manhood went missing following contact with him.

“He cried out for help, and a crowd quickly gathered around Mubarak. He was subjected to a merciless beating, nearly succumbing to a lynching, when approximately five policemen arrived at the scene to rescue him.

“Despite the police’s efforts to persuade the mob to release Mubarak, their pleas fell on deaf ears.”

He continued, “The mob subsequently turned their aggression towards the policemen, vandalizing their vehicle.

“Those who managed to escape immediately called for reinforcements from their office. The entire area was fraught with tension, and the unfolding manhood crisis seemed to be spiraling out of control.

“It’s high time we address this escalating issue.”

In response to inquiries, the FCT police spokesperson, SP Josephine Adeh, confirmed the incident.

She disclosed that the police officers deployed to the scene had been attacked by the mob, necessitating swift reinforcements.

She reassured the public that normalcy had been restored to the area, allowing law-abiding citizens to resume their daily activities without fear.

However, SP Josephine Adeh conveyed the strong condemnation of the Commissioner of Police regarding the attack on the officers.

She further stated that the Commissioner had ordered the immediate arrest of those responsible for the assault.

She emphasized, “The Commissioner of Police vehemently condemns the attack on our officers and has issued directives for the apprehension of the culprits.

“We are once again issuing a stern warning against mob violence, especially in cases related to organ disappearance.

“We have already arrested 14 individuals involved in this incident, and we will continue to take stringent measures to address such incidents.”


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *