How Temitayo of Ondo state-owned university was stabbed to death over N1000 debt

How Temitayo of Ondo state-owned university was stabbed to death over N1000 debt

Promise Eze

A recent graduate of Ondo state-owned institution, Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba, Akoko (AAUA), simply identified as Temitayo, has been stabbed to death by an alleged indigene over a 1,000 naira payment misunderstanding.

The incident was reported to have occurred in the early hours of Thursday around Ebenco filling, opposite Akua junction, Akungba, where Temitayo, who recently graduated from the department of Physics Electronics, was stabbed with a pair of scissors.

The deceased was rushed to Aduloju Hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries. He was still in the school waiting to defend his undergraduate project.

The University’s Student Union source who confirmed the incident to newsmen under the condition of anonymity said Temitayo had intervened in a naira payment dispute between an “Egbon Adugbo” and a third party, where he promised to settle the bill for the latter.

Temidayo was able to reimburse the perpetrators 3000 naira out of the 4000 naira but was unable to pay the remaining 1,000 naira outstanding which resulted into an argument causing the death of the fresh graduate.

“A guy (the third party) was owing them money,” the source said “and he told them (the perpetrators) that he will help the guy to pay the money to avoid drama. So he paid 3k out of the 4K and couldn’t raise the last 1k. So they started disturbing him and he said they should stop disturbing him that he did not owe them that he only rendered a help and this afternoon(today) a guy came into the villa.”

“As usual they acted as Egbon ADUGBO to collect money. So he said he can’t give them, which led into an argument as if they’d meant to deal with him … and they came from nowhere to stab him after a lot of arguments and they scattered the villa with bottles and spoiled our gate.”

The institution’s Dean of Students Affairs, Professor Olusegun Matthew Akanbi, confirmed the incident to journalists.

“I have received the news of the incident and on the way there,” he said.

One of the policemen who was the first responder to the situation spoke under anonymity that an “investigation is currently underway but no arrests have been made so far.”


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: