By Kayode Oyero
Think about women passionate about the welfare and healthcare of womanhood and Dr. Rasha Kelej will make it among the top of the list.
Dr. Rasha Kelej, an Egyptian, is a 1994 graduate of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences from the Alexandria University. She also holds an MBA from Robert Gordon University, U.K. on Corporate Social Responsibility- CSR integration with business strategy.
With 22 years experience in International pharma industry specialised in biotechnology field, Dr. Rasha has grown phenomenally to use her education, training and experience as a pharmacist and business woman to benefit her world positively in the area of women leadership excellence.
For instance, over the past four years she has been able to create and achieve the following:
1. Merck More Than A Mother: This initiative eradicates stigmatization on infertile women and empower them to live better lives.
2. Merck More Than A Patient: Unlike the first that focuses on empowering infertile women, Merck More Than A Patient uplifts women cancer survivors to reclaim their lives and become active contributors to their immediate society and the world at large.
3. Merck African Oncology: This initiative increases the limited number of oncologists in Africa, hence improve access to cancer care.
4. Merck Capacity Advancement Program: This improves access to innovative healthcare solutions and builds healthcare and life science research capacity focusing on NCDs such as Diabetes , Hypertension, fertility and Oncology.
5. UNESCO Merck Africa Research Summit: This summit empowers Youths and Women in Research and build research capacity in Africa.
Dr. Rasha has received many awards locally and internationally as recognition for her selfless and relentless contribution in the healthcare of African women, the empowerment of underprivileged women who live with infertility and women cancer survivors.
Dr. Rasha strives daily to impact humanity through excellence in healthcare and benevolent welfarism. She serves on the board of several organizations and social initiatives. Amongst which are the Chief Social Officer (CSO), Global Vice President of Merck Healthcare and member of Human Resources Science and Technology Cluster of African Union (ECOSOCC).