Oyero Abiodun Yakub
The Ikorodu Oga Development Association (IKODASS) has opened the application of the Late Justice Mubasheer Akanbi Abiru Scholarship Scheme for Ikorodu indigenes.
The scholarship scheme is being sponsored by the lawmaker representing Lagos East Senatorial District, Senator Tokunbo Abiru.
The application process opens today, January 20, 2023, and closes on February 20, 2023.
Interested persons can apply via the link: https://www.ikoroduoga.com.ng/latejusticemubasheerakanbiabiru
According to a statement released on IKODASS’ website, the chairman, Mr. Rotimi Erogbgbo stated that the application is open for all indigenes of Ikorodu, who had clocked 18 years from their last birthday in any federal or state higher institution and have a Cummulative Grade Point Average of 3.5
Below are other criteria to be met for the scholarship.
1. Must be a resident of Ikorodu.
2. Must be a bona-fide student of a federal or state institution of tertiary education.
3. Must present a letter attesting to his or her character from either his or her pastor, Imam, or Traditional ruler.
4. Must not be lower than 18 years as of the last birthday.
5. Must not be beneficiary of any other scholarship.
6. Successful candidates must not apply for any other scholarship while this scholarship subsists.
7. Must maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.5.
8. Any recipient indicted in any vice, criminal, or cultic activity during the period of his or her scholarship automatically vitiates his or her scholarship.
9. Candidate must be studying either Law; Information Technology; Accounting or Education in a Federal or State tertiary institution of learning.