Nollywood will miss another veteran actor, Rachel Oniga, who died in the early hours of Saturday, July 31 from Covid-19 complications. She was aged 64.
Here are five notable things you should know about the late actress:
1. Born on 23 May 1957 in Ebutte Metta, Lagos State, Rachel Oniga began her acting career in 1993, shortly after her divorce.
2. She had a brief stint at Ascoline Nigeria Limited, a Dutch Consultant Company before her first movie titled “Onome”. Her debut Yoruba movie was the 1995 classic, “Owo Blow”.
3. A proud mother of three, the actress became a grandmother on September 5, 2014, after her daughter Georgia Oniga welcomed a baby girl.
4. In her career, she had featured in classics and successful movies such as “Sango”, “Died Wretched, “ The Only Nigerian Girl” and “ Doctor Bello.” She also made appearance in Wale Adenuga’s television series, “Super Story”. Her most recent features include “Power Of 1”, “The Wedding Party”, “Chief Daddy” and “My Village People”.
5. Oniga was also a producer. In 2005, she produced “ True or False, “ a movie about Abiku/ Ogbanje.