The nomination list for the new Grammy Awards is out but there are some facts nobody has told you about the next Grammy Awards.
The Recording Academy, organizers of the prestigious Grammy Awards have announced the nominations for the 2024 edition.
In this piece, BlackBox Nigeria brings you 11 quick facts you most definitely haven’t heard about the upcoming World Cup and champions league of music.
1. The event which is the 66th edition of the Grammys comes up on Sunday, February 4, 2024.
2. While the organisers announced nominations today, November 10, 2023, the process took over five months which consisted of media company registration, Online Entry Process (OEP) access period and a first round of voting.
3. Final round of voting will be between December 14, 2023 and January 4, 2024.
4. The 66th Grammys comes up at Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles. The 20,000 capacity venue is also home to Los Angeles Lakers, Clippers and a host of other sports team.
5. The 2024 edition has seen an introduction of three new categories namely; Best African Music Performance, Best Alternative Jazz Album and Best Pop Dance Recording.
6. Nigeria’s Burna Boy now has a total of 10 nominations at the Grammies making him the Nigerian music act with the highest number of nominations ever.
7. Music superstar and businessman, Davido has three nods at the upcoming Grammys and has now expressed optimism over winning.
8. YBNL signee, Asake got his first ever Grammy nomination for his effort on Amapiano which features label boss, Olamide. This is also Olamide’s first nomination.
9. The 2024 Grammys will air live on the CBS Television Network and will also stream on the event website www.grammy.com.
10. 34-year-old American singer, SZA has the highest number of nominations in different categories of the 66th Grammys. She as nominated nine times including Record of the year.
11. Asides SZA, the 66th Grammy Award nominations is generally dominated by females with Phoebe Bridgers, Victoria Money and Taylor Swift all leading.